Morning Vibes





Mornings are not my thing. I'm more of a night owl. But, because Mr. Nolandia has to get up for his normal person job at normal person time, it means I have to wake up too. I make his coffee, make his breakfast, pack his lunch and send him off to work with a kiss and an admonition to drive safely.

And then I go back to bed. Because I'm a grown ass woman.

I don't normally wake up again 'til about 9. 9 is a solid time for me. I take my coffee to the couch and read the news, catch up with all blog BS, look at my book sales and try to pump myself up for walking the dog and working out so hard that my face feels like it's melting. Later on, I write. I write my little heart out.

That's a good day.

Lately, I have been trying to pump up my mornings with a few things I will share with you.

First, it's nothing new, to me anyway, but a piece of Ezekiel bread with avocado is an amazing waker-upper. Healthy fats, fiber, filling and delicious. Plus some pleasant green in the morning is always a beautiful thing. I usually add half a grapefruit, (the other half consumed later) and there's a Nolandia breakfast fit for the Queen. (Queen of Nolandia, which is me)

Also, the right tunes really step up my morning game. I like songs that are familiar, kind of like an old sweater that always looks awesome when you throw it on. My favorite jams in the morning are peppy and comfortable and make me feel good.  Now, Eminem is reserved for workouts, and Cole Porter and Billie Holiday for writing, but my mornings look a little bit more like this:
Vampire Weekend- Mansard Roof
Arctic Monkeys- Do I Wanna Know?
XX- Sunset
The Neighborhood-WDYWFM
Great Lake Swimmers-Easy Come, Easy Go
The Submarines-1940

That's all the vibes I got. Smack your lips on some avocado toast + give a listen to those jams.
xx

Popular Posts