A Love Note

taken at Ladybird's, Houston



Hey, you. You're looking mighty fine today. There's just something about your smile, your eyes when you read, that crinkle in your eyebrow.

There's something about you that just makes my heart beat. I can't get enough of you. Sometimes when I see you I feel like I can't breathe, like the breath is stuck in my chest, like if I exhale then a little piece of me will be breathed out into you, and you'll inhale me in. 

Hey, you. I can't describe what it is about you. I don't even know myself. Something about your eyes, maybe? Or the way you move? Or maybe it's the color of your hair when the sun shines on it? Maybe it's all of those things and none of those things. Maybe it's the ghost of the things about you that I've never seen but felt were there. Maybe it's all the things I don't like about you and I still can't make myself hate you. Or perhaps it's the sound of your laugh when no one is around, or the way you look at yourself in the mirror when you don't know I'm looking.

Hey, you. You're looking damn good today.



xx Happy Almost Valentine's Day.

Popular Posts