Pumpkin Oatmeal




It's October, so I'm into the whole Autumn thing right now along with everyone else. Couples Costume? Check. Cinnamon flavored everything? Check. Crockpot Chili? Check.

New unnecessary Pumpkin recipe? Double check. 

I found this recipe for Slow Cooker Pumpkin Oatmeal online, and after reading "Add ingredients, combine, and turn on slow cooker." I was like, "I can do that!" The recipe is really delicious (after you add honey and a smidgen of butter or coconut oil) it has fiber from the oats and pumpkin, and I added quinoa and chia seeds, so my version is a million jillion times better than the one I found.

Here in Houston, it still doesn't feel like fall, and that's a major bummer. I need 65 degree days like a bum needs a bologna sandwich, and Texas just isn't cutting it. Which is why this pumpkin porridge, eaten inside my over-airconditioned apartment is a gift from the heavens.

Plus, Mr. Nolandia and I have gotta start eating our porridge...we're leaving for Ireland in just a few days! 

Anyway, here's in the ingredients, and a link to the recipe:

Gather:
  1. 1 cup steel cut oats
  2. 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
  3. 3 cups water
  4. 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  5. 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  6. 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
  7. 1 tsp stevia (to taste), optional
  8. 1 pinch salt
  9. OPTIONAL-
  10.  I added:
  11. 1/4 cup chia seeds
  12. 1/3 cup quinoa
  13. 1 more cup of water ( and a little extra oats...I wanted to ref. and eat the next day too.)
Method:
Head on over to the Peanut Butter and Peppers Blog for the recipe and enjoy! 

xx


Popular Posts