Autumn Soups:: Kale & Mushroom & White Bean Stew




Terrence and I love soup. I usually make a batch on Sunday, and then we eat it for dinner the next few days. With fall coming on stronger and stronger, (or maybe my desire for fall coming on stronger and stronger), I have been searching high and low for delicious, easy, vegetarian soup recipes that seem a little more "autumn-esque". In summer the soups need to be lighter, fresher, more citrusy... whereas for fall and winter soups I like to be a little heartier, with deeper more complex flavors.

So, I was thrilled when I found this easy, healthy and delicious looking soup from a new blog that is becoming a favorite. The blog is called Love & Lemons and it's fantastic. The bloggers are a husband wife duo out of Austin, Texas. They love food and travel... and so obviously this husband-wife duo at Greetings from Nolandia got a blog crush on them.

The recipe I picked to try first was Kale, Mushroom, and White Bean stew. It's filled with flavors of wine, garlic, onion, and fresh rosemary... which to me, are the perfect savory flavors of fall. I tweaked it a little based on what we had on hand and the amount I needed to make.

Gather Together:
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium sweet onion, diced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 carrot, ( I used julienned, but the recipe calls for chopped)
4 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 bunch of kale, chopped (about 4-5 cups)
8 cups veggie broth
1  large can diced tomatoes, including the juice
2 cans cannelli beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup wine. (She says you can use red or white. I happened to have a little of both and used them)
4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar ( I didn't really measure it. I love balsamic so I just sort of tossed some in)
5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
salt & pepper
pecorino cheese, for shaving on top (optional)


Method:
For the recipe see the --->Original Recipe from Love and Lemons Blog

Do you have any favorite fall soup recipes? Share! (I need 'em!)
Eat well, xx


Popular Posts